BLOGSPOT atas

Friday, April 13, 2018

No, You're Not Crazy -- The Hiring Process Is Broken

No, You're Not Crazy -- The Hiring Process Is Broken

Dear Liz,

I job hunted in 2014. It took a while but the process wasn't terrible.

In that job search I talked to recruiters, applied for jobs online, gave some friends my resume to pass around and had a bunch of interviews. I don't remember having more than three interviews with any one company before receiving either a job offer or a "no thanks" message.

Now I'm job hunting again. This time out, it's different. I've been getting a reasonable number of bites from employers but once I get into the pipeline, they take their time. They act like they don't understand people have bills to pay. The recruiting process is so slow and insulting. Their attitude seems to be, "If you don't like it, too bad. Qualified applicants are everywhere."

I know that's not true, but it's hard to maintain my confidence sometimes when somebody tells me, "We'll contact you by Monday" and then three weeks go by while they ignore my voicemail and email messages.

One employer kept me waiting six weeks between the first and second interview. I was shocked even to hear back from them after such a long time.

One company wanted me to fill out a 30-page questionnaire before they would even talk to me.

Another firm wanted me to work for three days for free so they could "check out my work" before hiring me.

What's the story, Liz? Is it me, or is the hiring process completely broken? ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lizryan/2018/04/12/no-youre-not-crazy-the-hiring-process-is-broken/#3b2a61874751

===

by Idham Azhari



Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: