BLOGSPOT atas

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

How To Plan For Your Next Job Before You’re Ready To Look For It

How To Plan For Your Next Job Before You're Ready To Look For It

You're just coming off that promotion you'd been angling for, and feeling great about the bump in pay, added responsibilities, bigger team, and the chance to make a deeper impact. You're still settling into the new position, so the last thing on your mind is your next role after that. But maybe it should be.

The point isn't to encourage paranoid, presumptuous, or premature action–it's just to make it clear that there are risks to not planning at least one step ahead, no matter what–as I've learned firsthand. A few years back, I was a rising star in a public company that was grooming me to succeed our chief people officer. I moved cross-country for a promotion that put me on the leadership career path I was excited about. My future at company was bright, so I focused single-mindedly on rising up the ranks there. That was my mistake..

https://www.fastcompany.com/40497833/how-to-plan-for-your-next-job-before-youre-ready-to-look-for-it

===

by Idham Azhari


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: